Thursday 18 August 2016

Hmm, not according to plan!

But does it ever?

I managed to spend most of the day working on the car today and got a lot of the bolts undone (well, if cutting them off with an angle grinder counts as "undoing" :D )

The ones I have so far removed are the "turret" bolts, both front footwells, both of those behind rear seats and the rearmost. Also have removed the seatbelt mountings and seat mounting bolts. Not sure if I need to remove the front bumper as I want the whole front of car off too. Rad etc etc is all long gone. The rear seat backrest mounts are proving tiresome as are the rear bumper items. I'll have another go probably on Saturday, but rather than undo, I'll remove rear wheels and get to back of bolts with grinder and cut them off; they're surplus to requirements anyway.

Steering column didn't need cutting just a hammer which I hadn't used previously as it was usually quite late and not wanting to upset neighbours.

I got the hoover out and have saved a third of a bucket - of rust!!! Still, as Colin Chapman said - add lightness.

As the resto etc is probably going to be a long drawn out process, I'm going to make an engine cradle on wheels so a) it can be moved around easily and b) I can wire it up to start it every now and again, so that's happen in next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment