Monday 1 August 2016

Sloooowwwwllllyyy does it!

No rush hey!

I'm trying to get the "2D" lift sorted out in the garage. Most of the metalwork is done - the uprights are bolted to garage walls - but the cross piece for the front of the garage is too long by about 10mm so I'll trim that tomorrow and join up the angle iron runners ready to be welded to cross pieces.

I'd originally looked at some v groove bearings and had tried ordering them, but thought they were a bit expensive. Fortunately the website I was ordering from had issues which is their loss and my gain. Anyway, looked at v groove steel wheels and got some of those for about a third of the price; just waiting for them to arrive (Weds/Thurs this week).

I am really hoping to get the "crane" as I'm now going to call it sorted by Friday evening as I have some holiday coming up and it'd be very nice if I could split the body and chassis during that holiday.

Nothing to report on the car at the moment due to the aforementioned distraction, but hopefully lots of progress one crane sorted and I've split the body/chassis and maybe I'll have some pictures to show.

Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment