Monday 11 July 2016

Oops

Decided to get on with the dismantling process - bit irritating as I closed the passenger door and can't get the thing open again!

Anyway, I got the headlights out and they'll be going in the bin a) because they are rusty as hell and b) I always planned on using some replacement lights that will fit but look much more modern. This gives you an idea of new (and knackered).


I also got the windscreen out and managed to break it but hey, shouldn't be needing it for a year or two!


The grill also got removed but here was me thinking that as I'll be using a larger engine I could open up the plastic grill to allow air through only to find that the bodywork behind is solid. Plan b) there then.



Initial thoughts are to just drill some large holes (75 - 100 mm diameter) then make a grill that will look like the original but that will allow the radiator to get air. There will also be venting towards the front of the bonnet to allow air out of the top as that's usually a lower pressure area it'll just suck out that heat. Hopefully.



Anyway that is about it for today, I'll make a concerted effort to get passenger door open tomorrow, then I can concentrate on stripping the interior and aim to get the body off :D

Till tomorrow!
























No comments:

Post a Comment