Thursday 21 July 2016

Quiet around here!

Sorry, nothing to report from the last week or so but.......

I am having 15 metres of 40mm x 40mm x 3mm SHS delivered tomorrow for another side project - but one that's related to the V8 project/resto.

Basically, at some point I will need to be able to lift the body off the chassis and also need to lift chassis over new suspension and also manoeuvre the engine and box over the chassis and while I have an engine hoist, I think the alternative will be better :D

So, the 40mm box will form the four corner uprights bolted to the garage walls; some of the 80mm x 40mm I already have will form cross pieces connecting the two front and two rear uprights which will be connected by a third piece on runners. This third piece will also have a track for wheeled carriage attached to which will be an electric hoist. This will allow me to have an electric hoist that can be positioned more or less anywhere over the car within the garage.

I will also be removing the propshaft and a few other bits and pieces from the Scimitar over the weekend as I'm quite keen to get the body off, the chassis blasted and on with the chassis mods.

Till the weekend then....

No comments:

Post a Comment