Thursday 22 December 2016

Build, interrupted!

So, I went shopping as mother needed some bits and pieces which meant I didn't get to start working on the car till around 3pm!

Anyway, I got the body over the chassis to check clearances and ensure wheels are in the right place which as far as I'm concerned is close enough - the wheels look to far back in pic but this is because the front of the subframe protrudes the chassis frame and pushed the body forward by an inch or so as can be seen in this pic!


I'll be modifying that once I have welded the subframe to chassis.

This is a pic of my alignment method - if you look closely you'll see a laser line running from rear of chassis through hole in centre of subframe to ruler which lines up perfectly with my two pieces of equal length steel :D


Here's a gratuitous pic of the body over chassis - it would be rude not to wouldn't it!


I'm quite excited by this as I won't need to widen the arches as much as I originally thought which is nice.

Early start tomorrow as I really do need to get front sub into chassis before Xmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment