Thursday 29 December 2016

Stuff done ...

Managed to get on with the car today so decided that I'd remove all the front suspension (no, the rear subframe hasn't been fully welded, but that'll happen once I've got front in place and the engine in place) then I'd get the front subframe into place.

This is the old Scimitar front end which is now removed and will be going on ebay at some point


This is the chassis without the suspension. It all came apart perfectly apart from the n/s lower front wishbone bolt which I had to cut. On the far right is the offered up RX8 sub. Everything to the right of suspension towers needs to be removed, along with the outer section of box to allow the front subframe to fit "into" it.


This is where we started cutting; I've also removed some of the tower and outer skin of box but forgot to take a pic :D


I also need to remove the inner lip on RX8 subframe as it fouls the Scim chassis.

Hopefully I'll get front sorted tomorrow then it'll be engine mounts :D

No comments:

Post a Comment