Monday 13 June 2016

Download!

So another "not much to post" post as I went to Download at Donington Park on Sunday - left home at 8.30 and got to Premier Inn at 11.00 - about 160 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Great run up there but as I couldn't get into my room, ambled off to Burger King for some "food" (Whopper and chips), then went to Fosse Park shopping centre to pass some time.

Finally got room at 1.30 so washed and changed and left to do the 20 odd miles to the Fest. THREE AND A HALF HOURS !!!!!!

Missed most of the Disturbed set but saw all of Nightwish (best band in my little world atm) and having seen the mud soup that was the car park decided not to stay the end when I guess 10,000 cars would be trying to get out of some very muddy fields. I'd heard of some Kent residents didn't get back to this county till gone 6 the following morning after last year's gig. 

Anyway, on the car subject, I tried a Buy it Now on a motor I'd like to donate front and rear subframes, and quite a lot of the interior but eBay/PayPal had a hissy fit and wanted me to change my address etc. In the end I've just bid on it and will see if I win.

I'm thinking about another daily driver to go with the Old Dog (my Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6 Connoisseur which I absolutely love!). Now, the choice is a bit bizarre for a petrolhead but I think Jay Leno hit the nail on the head, when he said that most people really don't car what powers their car so long as it gets them from a to b in a timely and reliable manor (to which I'll add excludes anything german - three Audis, two BMW's, a Merc and a VW Golf all on Saturday.  So I'm going to have a look at the Vauxhall Ampera. Work is three miles from home and the vast majority of my journeys are within 20 - 30 miles - all of which will be covered by electricity and charged batteries which work out at about £1 for 45 - 50 miles (as opposed to £7 - £10 for petrol). With free rfl I reckon it'll pay for itself :D Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment