Saturday 18 June 2016

Got it....

The donor that is.



And I started taking it apart which proved slightly problematic as the further I get, the more I thought "Ooo, that might be useful!"
You know - things like electric folding mirrors, electric window winders - brilliant system as the inner door panel has everything bolted to it. Winder mech is fab and might be useable in Scimitar
I've got all the seats out

The actual runner is attached to the black panel and is lifted/lowered by wire!
I'm also planning on using the door handles/locks etc as, if all goes according to plan and I use all the Mazda wiring, the alarm immobiliser etc with key fobs will be in use too (incl remote boot opening :D )

Tomorrow the disassembly starts in earnest - gearbox, both subframes and gearbox. I'll also get doors, tailgate, lights, bonnet, front bumper off and onto ebay and try and get some of my £300 back :D

On the downside, I broke the screen on my S6 Edge + (fortunately it's insured!!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment