Saturday 4 June 2016

New Project

Ok, so I sold the last project (Deimos) just over four years ago, then a couple of years back got myself an MG TF which I was going to swap engines with a Rover 75 K Series turbo but following a minor ding kind of lost interest so that got sold around Xmas 2015.

A friend of mine has an early Scimitar and done a cracking job on the restoration which got me thinking.

It took a while of thinking and umming and aaring to decide on getting one which I did a few weeks back.

I bought it from a chap who was going to restore it but had a change of plan.

Now, one of the things that appealed to me is the fact that body and chassis are separate so I can get on with both parts at different times and both need an awful lot of work.


That's the car on the recovery truck bringing it back to my place:)

Once home the investigations can begin.

Obviously the Ford Essex V6 and auto box will be going in the bin (or sold, which as it would happen is what has since happened with the engine and box being collected tomorrow) as I'm going to put a Lexus 1UZ FE V8 which has around 260bhp though without cats and better exhaust should be a bit more. Collected that today.


As it happens I also got the old engine etc out today.


I also started removing the interior today with friend and nayybarrr James which was a laugh as nearly every nut and bolt has seized so out with grinder (James's:) ).



This is just to get the seats out!

Anyway, I think that'll do for today, there's a load more that I could add that I've been up to over last couple of weeks but.....























No comments:

Post a Comment